Wednesday 3 May 2006

Review: Marmalade Cafe

Gosh the thunderstorm was so heavy in Kuala Lumpur earlier that traffic almost came to a standstill!!! To avoid being caught in the bad crawl and flood, we went Liang Xin for a pampering session. So now I'm kinda in a relaxed mode, time to dig out some old stuff. This is one of my backlog post... had meant to post it long time ago but never got to heh but nevermind better late than never.

Might be a bit stale since Marmalade Cafe (formerly known as Gecko Cafe but had since changed hands) have been receiving loads of reviews and comments everywhere else. So I'm gonna do a quickie.

Hubby and I shared a mushroom and turkey ham quiche. Oh my I can still remember how wonderful it tasted. The quiche is so thick and creamy but yet not overly rich. Loved the loads of mushroom in it.


cafe marmalade ham & mushroom quiche

We also ordered the must-have - Carrot Cake which is laden with so much ingredients that I can't make out what's in the cake other than carrot!!! I think there are some apricots and various nuts. It's thickly spread with cream cheese frosting dotted with pumpkin seeds. Wished I could get the recipe of this moist and aromatic cake. Anyone have the recipe? Otherwise I gotta improvised on my own version of carrot cake.


cafe marmalade carrot cake

The cafe have many more items in their menu, so do drop by to check them all out. Boo_licious had a post on this place sometime back over in Masak-masak. Do check it out.

Marmalade Cafe
LG-1A, Shoplex at Mont Kiara
No. 2, Jalan Kiara Mont Kiara
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03 - 6201 1743


Technorati Tags: + + +

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012